How many minutes can YOU read in 17 days?
If you read 35 minutes every day for 17 days, that would be almost 600 minutes! 😲
* Prizes awarded to the students who read the most minutes and those who get most pledges! *
* Classes that read the most minutes will win a special prize for the entire class! *
September 15 – October 1
How it works:
• Students are encouraged to read every day and keep track of the minutes on a reading log.
Recommended daily reading times:
→ K–2: 30 minutes
→ 3–5: 45 minutes
→ 6–8: 60 minutes
• An adult (parent or teacher) needs to sign off on your student’s minutes each day.
• Independent reading in class and reading to your child can be counted toward the Read-a-thon.
Support the readers and raise funds for the Mira Vista PTA!
• Invite family and friends to support the readers. Track pledges by using the sponsorship form provided in the Wednesday folders, or by registering on our digital donation platform, Pledgestar.
• Donation options:
→ Flat amount (e.g. $20 regardless of time read)
→ Per minute read (e.g. $0.05/minute)
→ Per book read (e.g. $2/book)
• At the end of the Read-a-thon, contributions can be made by cash or check (payable to “Mira Vista PTA”), or by using the Mira Vista Pledgestar site.
* Any student who participates is eligible to win — even if they don’t bring in any donations. *