Thank you for considering being a volunteer in your child’s classroom. We need you! We need your help in the classroom, library, lunchroom, play yard, and on field trips. Your help is essential to our school.
Note: the badge application process was updated in 2014, to be much easier and it’s free.
Here is the process:
1. Apply online via Be A Mentor. Or call 510-342-7176 to have a paper application mailed.
2. Schedule your FREE fingerprinting appointment online
Once you have received your welcome e-mail with your login information, log in and:
- Schedule your free fingerprinting appointment online (there is no cost for fingerprinting starting January 6, 2014)
- Answer the online TB questionnaire (WCCUSD board has waived the requirement for TB testing for volunteer purposes)
Appointments are scheduled on:
- Tuesdays 9:30am – 12 noon
- Thursdays 1pm – 4pm
Community Engagement Department- Room 906 and 910
4300 Cutting Blvd (behind Swim Center)
Richmond, CA 94804
Bring the following to your fingerprint appointment:
- Livescan form completed (you can download the form from Be A Mentor)
- Valid US Government Issue Picture I.D. OR Consulate I.D or passport.
3) A WCCUSD Volunteer badge will be mailed to the applicant after all documentation is received and verified (may take up to 30 days).
Immediate volunteer needs at Mira Vista:
We have a number of events and activities throughout the school year that need volunteers to make them happen. (Check out the full list here.) Below are a list of open positions that we need help with. We’ll regularly update this page throughout the year as the need arises.
The Mira Vista Library is open all week thanks to the dedication of its parent volunteers. Our district librarian, Heidi Bartsch, is here just one day a week for the elementary library and one day a week for the middle school library.
We need your help! Teams of two parent volunteers are needed for each day, from 8:30-11:30. We check books in and out, read to the younger students, and shelve books. It is a great way to contribute to the school, help lots of kids, and meet other teachers. Most of the current volunteers have done this for years, and love it!
Interested? Please contact Christine Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org