We’ve gathered the following resources to help you better understand, nurture, and coach your child.
Parent University Series
Parent University is a yearlong educational series with a different tutorial presented at the end of each PTA meeting. We will update this page with the list of each new topic, with links and resources about each.
- September 25 2013 PTA meeting: Restorative Justice
- October 9 2013 PTA meeting: Kid Power strategies to help your child have healthy friendships
- November 13, 2013 PTA meeting: Student Street Safety Strategies & Gang Prevention (PDF download from National Association of School Psychologists)
- February 12, 2014 PTA meeting: Homework Strategies (our link has a full recap)
- March 17, 2014 PTA meeting: Keeping Kids Safe: Child Abuse Prevention
Extra study aids
- Xtra Math.org – Mira Vista uses this along with class studies, but you can use this on your own as well
- Starfall – great for beginning and learning readers