Middle School Information
Thanks for your interest in Mira Vista’s thriving middle school, grades 6 through 8! This page is intended to give prospective parents an introduction to what we offer in our middle school. The PTA welcomes parents to tour the campus. To set up a time or for questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mira Vista offers a nurturing environment with smaller classes and a diverse, established community in which to transition to high school.
Students in grades 7 and 8 participate in the districtwide Science Fair each winter, where they regularly win several of the top awards. The science curriculum is integrated with our after-school STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) Club, which competes in a regional FIRST LEGO League Robotics competition in the fall.
The PTA is dedicated to supporting foreign language for students at Mira Vista. It is working to bring in German and Spanish as after-school classes, with the goal of more languages and eventual full class integration.
Mira Vista’s middle school has six multi-credentialed teachers and one physical education teacher. Teachers focus on their areas of strength.
Why Choose Mira Vista?
- Dedicated middle school library
- Computer lab with in-class tablets
- Supportive community of parents, teachers, alumni, and staff
- Fewer transitions means less stress
- Science and STEAM Club
- Arts electives: art, drama, band, yearbook
- More student–teacher interaction in smaller classes
The Mira Vista Middle School student leadership program is an after-school weekly activity. Under the direction of 7th-grade teacher Elise Madrid and a parent volunteer, the Student Leadership Council undertakes activities that support the following goals:
- Promote school spirit
- Enrich relationships among all students in grades K–8
- Raise funds for upper-grade projects and a local charity
- Invite community leaders to speak about their paths to leadership
- Give members an opportunity for leadership within and outside the Mira Vista community. Participants in the Student Leadership Council learn important life skills, including philanthropy, communications, and budgeting, by organizing events and fundraisers and engaging in community service.
Mira Vista employs Restorative Justice principles and practices to build community and respond to student misconduct with the goals of repairing harm and restoring relationships between those affected. The program works to lower suspension rates and foster a positive school climate. Restorative Justice is practiced across all grades at Mira Vista with impressive results.
Ways to Connect
- Arrange a tour: The PTA welcomes parents to tour the campus. For questions or more information, please email email@example.com.
- Ask a question: Send the PTA an email! We’re here to help. firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com